A popular choice among greenhouse owners, the Dr. Heater DR218 combines the reliability and heat production of an industrial heater with the compact design of an indoor space heater. Primarily used for semi-outdoor use, the device is designed around use in a greenhouse environment, so it’s waterproof and is protected from hot and cold temperatures. During colder months a greenhouse heater can keep your plants from freezing or being damaged by the low temperatures. Many professional greenhouses use devices like the Dr Heater DR218 to protect their tender plants and flowers. The device is also favored by anyone who wants to heat a garage, basement, or other semi-outdoor environment effectively.
Any form of heater that can provide a reliable and efficient source of heat will be popular with any type of user, but the DR218 has found its niche as a greenhouse heater. It’s important to remember that the DR218 can be used for almost any semi-outdoor and indoor heating application. Whether you need to heat a greenhouse, a basement, a workshop, or a garage, the DR218 work effectively to warm the environment to your desired temperature.
Dr Heater DR218-3000W Greenhouse Garage Workshop Infrared Heater
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Dr Heater DR218 is a space heater designed for use in greenhouses
- Electric infrared heater
- Measures 15 inches by 10 inches by 10 inches
- Weighs 14 pounds when fully assembled
- Runs on 3000 watts
- Includes a thermostat
- Rated for indoor and semi-indoor use
- Assembled in the United States of America
- Waterproof exterior
- Enclosed heating element and heating system
- Rated for IPX4
- Model number DR218
- Offers 5,000 BTUs to 10,000 BTU’s
The Dr Heater DR218 has two knobs for thermostat and fan speeds, which can be fine-tuned to find the optimal setting for your heating situation. The heating knob doesn’t have any set points and can be adjusted to any heating level from low to high. A common practice is to turn the device onto the highest setting and wait for the room to reach the desired temperature. Then, the user slowly rolls back on the heating knob until the device automatically clicks off. When the heater clicks off, it means that the internal thermostat has been set to keep the current room temperature and will self-regulate from there. That only works if you put the device in the automatic fan setting. Many devices can only be used like that in the automatic or thermostat fan setting; otherwise the fan just blows hot air after you turn the thermostat down.
The heater comes equipped with a heavy-duty, steel housing, which is much stronger than other models of space heater. Many electric heaters simply have a plastic exterior covering the internal parts, but the DR218 has a high-quality metal exterior that protects the heating elements from any accidental bumps or drops. The exterior will also protect the interior parts against water splashing up, which makes it ideal for use in a greenhouse with sprinklers. Under any circumstance, a waterproof chassis will benefit the space heater, so even if you don’t plan on using the device in a greenhouse, the waterproof feature will come in handy.
- The heater can be used indoors as well as in semi-outdoor environments
- The adjustable thermostat makes setting the optimal temperature for your plants simple and straightforward
- The device has an IPX4 structure which protects the interior against water and splashes of water getting up inside of the chassis and causing the device to rust over time
- The heater is lightweight and can be moved from room to room easily
- The device requires very little maintenance, so it’s easy to set up and run
- The heater is much more competitively priced than other brands of semi-outdoor space heaters
- The device is permanently lubricated, so the user doesn’t have to worry about re-applying the internal lubrication to make the device run properly
- The precision temperature sensor makes it easy to select the optimal temperature for you greenhouse plants or other temperature-sensitive items
- The heater comes with built-in overheat protection, which keeps the heater from producing heat if something is blocking the vents and causing the device to become too hot
- The device requires a 240-volt – 20-amp outlet to run properly, which is not commonly found in households in the United States of America
- The heater is much smaller than it appears in photos
Click Here for the Price!
One of the most popular greenhouse space heaters currently on the market, the DR218 is an excellent overall heater, and it includes many extra features that push it ahead of the competition. The heater is very popular with it’s users, and it scores a rating of four stars or higher in the majority of reviews. The heater will protect your plants from becoming frosted, soggy, and mushy, and the device will keep young plants warm until spring comes along.