It’s never been more expensive to heat your home. No matter what kind of energy you use for central heating, it can be difficult to make yourself comfortable in the winter without spending a lot on fuel or electricity. Many smart people are learning about the benefits of using small, portable heaters to heat the areas of the home or office where they spend most of their time, in order to run their central heating less often and save money. Space heaters like the iLiving Infrared allow users to create a warm, comfortable microclimate wherever they are in their home or office.
The iLiving portable space heater uses infrared heating technology to give users the best heating results while using the smallest amount of energy. Infrared heat works by heating people and objects directly instead of heating air or water and then circulating it around the room to keep people warm. In addition to standard infrared heating, the iLiving Infrared Portable Space Heater also incorporates a PTC ceramic element with a blower to move warm air around the area where it’s placed. PTC elements automatically use less electricity as they become warmer, and can’t overheat. Adding these elements allows the iLiving space heater to deliver very closely regulated temperatures without wasting any energy.
iLIVING Infrared Portable Space Heater with Dual Heating System, 1500W, Remote Control, Dark Walnut Wooden Cabinet
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- Portable combination infrared and resistance heater
- 12 x 13 x 15 inches
- Electronic Thermostat with heat range settings from 50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Produces up to 5200 BTUs at 1500 watts
- Runs on 110-volt, 12.5-amp house current
- Fan operates at 39 dB
- Tip-over shut-off
- Automatic overheating shutoff
- Push button controls
- Warms spaces up to 1000 square feet
- 12-hour automatic shut-off timer
- High and low settings
- Infrared remote control
- Mounted on four casters
- Washable internal removable filter
- Grounded 3-way, 6-foot long electrical cord
- Weighs 23.2 pounds
- Listed by Underwriter’s Laboratories (UL) in both Canada and the US
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
One of the problems that people face in the winter is the tendency of most kinds of heating systems to dry out the air you breathe, which can cause sore throats and stuffiness. Radiant heaters like the iLiving heater avoid this problem by using infrared technology to warm you directly when you sit near it, which avoids dehydrating the air, and you. You’ll not only save money on your central heating bill, but you’ll be able to run your humidifier less in the winter as well, saving additional electricity while being more comfortable.
Radiant heaters don’t rely on a passing air over red-hot heating elements, so the iLiving Infrared Heater is cool to the touch, and it’s safe to use even if you have pets or small children around. It has a cube-shaped design, which also makes it much less likely to be tipped over by accident, but even if it is overturned, it has an automatic shutoff feature for added safety.
- Powerful two-stage heating saves you money on central heating costs
- Attractive, portable wood-grain enclosure
- Easy to operate, with clear readouts on the front of the machine, as well as a handheld remote
- Radiant heat warms the body without drying it out, making wintertime humidification unnecessary
- Extremely quiet fan allows use in sleeping rooms or when you’re watching television or working
- Moves easily on four casters, but is difficult to tip over
- Has both automatic overheat and tip-over shut-off for safety
- No hot surfaces on the exterior makes the unit safe for use around pets or toddlers
- Interior removable filter is cleanable and reusable
- Can be placed very close to seated people or furniture without fear of scorching
- Unit is powerful enough to replace several separate space heaters
- Some users notice a slight odor the first time you use the unit, but all report the smell goes away after a short time
Click Here for the Price!
Ratings services, websites, and customers rate the iLiving Infrared heater very highly. Over 72 percent of users rate the iLiving Infrared heater at four stars or better. Users say they like its easy operation, and say that the controls are straightforward and reliable. Most users report that the iLiving heater lets them save money on central heating by keeping them comfortable in the places in their home and office where they spend the most time, allowing them to keep their central heating thermostats lower without sacrificing comfort.
Reviewers also like the way the iLiving heater warms them without drying out the air. Many people suffer from sore throats and other problems due to very low humidity in the air during heating season, and they report that the iLiving heater’s infrared elements keep them warm without drying out the air in the room they use it in. The iLiving Infrared Space Heater is highly recommended.