As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
If you’ve turned your patio into an outdoor room, there’s no reason to stop enjoying it simply because the sun has set, or because the days have started to get a little shorter. For years, outdoor restaurants, country clubs, and other commercial venues have been enjoying the benefits of freestanding patio heaters, and now every homeowner can afford to get the same comfort and utility at a price anyone can afford.
Outdoor furniture and other patio accessories are more versatile and useful than ever, so it’s natural for people to try to use them more often than in the past. A tall, powerful patio heater like the AZ Patio Heaters HLDS01-WCBT adds value to everything on a patio, because it extends the season for outdoor entertaining, and adds pleasant nighttime hours to warm weather outdoor activities as well.
AZ Patio Heaters HLDS01-WCBT Tall Patio Heater
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- Portable freestanding propane patio heater
- 32 x 32 x 87 inches tall
- Produces 41,000 BTUs of heat
- Supplies heat up to a 12-foot radius
- Variable temperature control
- Anti-tip automatic shutoff switch
- Automatically shuts off if overheated
- Wheels for easy mobility
- Includes cover for burners when not in use
- Hammered silver powder coat finish
- Requires a 20-pound propane tank, not included
- Shipping weight 45 pounds
- One-year manufacturer’s warranty
The AZ Tall patio heater is a powerful version of what has now become a standard design. It consists of a metal base that contains and conceals a standard 20-pound propane cylinder that fuels a powerful heating element located atop a pole under a shield at the top of the unit. With the heating element located almost seven feet above your patio, you can feel free to move close to the heater without fear of being burned. The heat shield and deflector on top of the unit directs the 41,000 BTUs of heat down in a circle around the heater that covers up to a twelve-foot radius.
In addition to the benefits of a hefty supply of heat available at the push of a button on your patio, the AZ tall patio heater incorporates a circular table, located just above the base on the mast that holds the heating element. If space is at a premium on your patio, this shelf allows you to have one more surface for drinks or snacks, and with the tall patio heater’s ability to keep you and your guests cozy when the sun goes down or the days get shorter, you’ll appreciate the ability to put items down where people are bound to congregate.
- Lights quickly and easily
- Produces a lot of heat
- Easy to assemble with only a few simple tools
- Doubles as a table, maximizing the space on crowded patios
- Hammered silver finish looks great in any setting
- Throws heat over a large radius
- Makes almost no noise during operation
- Inexpensive price for such a powerful heater
- Very lightweight and easy to move around
- Can be weighted down to avoid tipping
- Uses a standard propane tank that can be refilled almost anywhere
- Some parts can rust after a season or two out in the weather
- Packaging sometimes allows parts to be dented during shipping
Click Here for the Price!
Reviewers really like the AZ Patio Heaters HLDS01-WCBT. Almost 74 percent of reviewers award the unit four or more stars, with over 60 percent giving it a five-star rating. While many reviewers point out that the unit is constructed out of fairly lightweight materials, they still give it high marks for great performance at a very reasonable price. A common complaint with many freestanding patio heaters is the difficulty of assembling the unit, but reviewers almost unanimously say the AZ patio heater is easy to put together, and the supplied instructions are detailed enough to get the job done.
Some reviewers note that the packaging isn’t always tough enough to completely protect the contents during shipping, but they all describe minor cosmetic damage like small scratches as the problem, not broken parts. People like how light and easy it is to move the patio heater around on the deck, but also appreciate the ability to put sand or other weight in the bottom of the unit for safety reasons to weigh it down and make it more stable in breezy conditions.
Users especially like the integral shelf that the AZ patio heater includes. It’s a minor design tweak from other manufacturer’s models, but it’s a big hit with reviewers of the HLDS01-WCBT. The AZ tall patio gas heater throws a great deal of heat, but users say they often gather directly around the unit, and like to have a place to set down their drink while socializing. The AZ heater gives users the power of a tall patio heater with the usefulness of a tabletop model.