As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
Space heaters are usually designed for use almost anywhere indoors, but some are better suited for one kind of room over another. The Holmes HFH436WGL-UM is one of the very few heaters on the market that are specifically designed to work in the challenging environment found in bathrooms. Bathrooms pose significant problems for many space heaters. Unless the heater is designed and built to withstand the damp, steamy air that’s often present in a bathroom, it can have a very short life before it fails to function.
The water that’s present in bathrooms presents a significant safety risk for the user as well, so a space heater that’s used in a bathroom has to be built with the increased risk of electric shock in mind. While the Holmes Heater can be used wherever you need a blast of hot air to keep you comfy in the winter, it’s ready for the particularly damp confines of your bathroom, so it’s bound to give better service, and last longer than a unit that’s not designed for moisture.
Holmes Heater HFH436WGL-UM
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- Electric desktop or bathroom fan
- Weighs 3.4 pounds
- 8.2 x 12.8 x 10.4 inches
- Two heat settings
- 1500-watt maximum setting
- Built-in digital thermostat
- LED power indicator
- Equipped with timer
- Automated temperature control
- Equipped with ALCI ground fault plug
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Another problem that often presents itself when you’re trying to use a space heater in a cold bathroom is the lack of room that’s available. It’s often difficult to find a spot to place a space heater in a small bathroom. Shelf space is almost always at a premium, and bathrooms that have pedestal sinks sometimes don’t have any counter space at all. The Holmes Heater has a very small footprint, so it makes it possible to locate it without taking over the whole bathroom counter. If you’re forced to place it on the floor, the Holmes Heater’s small size and vertical design will help keep it from becoming a trip hazard. The unit also comes with the option to mount it on the wall if you desire, which can be the best solution if you can’t spare counter space and don’t want anything underfoot, either.
Bathrooms often get colder than other rooms in the house because they’re located in out-of-the-way places, and they often have their doors closed for a significant portion of the day. Small bathrooms often aren’t even equipped with heaters or radiators of any kind because the room’s tight dimensions don’t allow placement of a heating element along with all the fixtures that need to be placed in the rooms. That’s where a small but powerful heater like the Holmes Heater can be useful.
- Can be mounted on wall if desired, making it easy to locate in small rooms with limited counter space
- Built-in timer makes it easy to pre-heat a room, without the risk of forgetting that the unit’s turned on
- ALCI ground fault plug makes unit safer for use in bathrooms and other rooms where moisture is present
- Fan continues to run after the heater is turned off, which gets the most benefit out of the energy consumed and keeps the unit from overheating
- Digital thermostat is very accurate
- Heats a normal-sized bathroom in just a few minutes
- Dual heat settings allow the heater to warm the room properly without wasting electricity
- Fan is very quiet
- Small unit fits in almost anywhere
- Lowest thermostat setting is 65 degrees Fahrenheit, which can be higher than necessary for some uses
- Internal clock has to be reset every time the unit is unplugged
- Controls on unit’s face are difficult to read when it’s placed on the floor
Click Here for the Price!
The Holmes Heater HFH436WGL-UM is highly rated by consumer testing magazines and by users as well. Users like its small size and powerful output, and appreciate how easy it is to find a spot for the heater even in the most cramped bathrooms. Many users were leery about locating a space heater in a shower room because of the risk of shock, and were relieved to find that the Holmes Heater is equipped with an ALCI ground fault plug that makes bathroom use safer. While users applaud the simplicity of the controls, they like how many different ways there are to adjust the heater to heat a room to a certain temperature and hold it there.
Some users were worried about the hard plastic case on the Holmes Heater, but say that the unit can be knocked around a little and still keep working, and that the plastic housing is easy to clean. The Holmes Heater is a best seller, and over 75 percent of reviewers give the unit four or more stars out of five. Many say that for the money, it’s the best small space heater on the market.