One of the most popular heating appliances designed and manufactured by Lasko, the 5307 is a compact and durable space heater that receives high marks from its user base. The electric tower heater features an elongated ceramic plate, so the device creates more heat than other conventional space heaters, and it does so despite its compact size. Even when you’re not sitting right next to the device, the heater creates a comfortable living environment by projecting the heated air around the room.
Each Lasko 5307 comes with several built-in safety features to help make the device much safer and easier to operate. One of the most important safety functions is the device’s cool-touch housing, which minimizes the risk of contact bumps and burns. The housing covers the heated element and it helps reduce the risk of accidentally touching the hot ceramic plate. Another safety feature is the overheat protection system, which automatically turns the device off if the internal temperatures gets too high. This helps prevent the device from overheating and damaging the internal element if the intake vents become clogged or the device falls on its face. Overheating used to be a major problem in space heaters, but the Lasko 5307 is designed to be much safer and easier to user than other brands of space heater.
Lasko 5307 Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Lasko 5307 is an electric space heater with a ceramic heating element
- Powered by 1500-watts
- Measures 16 inches by 6.75 inches by 5.9 inches
- Weighs five pounds
- Three fan speeds including: fan only, low heat, and high heat
- Ceramic tower heater type
- Three-year limited warranty for parts and labor
- Built-in carry handle
- Manual adjustable thermostat
- Push-button oscillation
- Overheat protection mechanism
- Lasko patented Cool-Touch housing
- Meets ETL safety standards
One of the other features of the Lasko is the addition of a manual, adjustable thermostat. This makes it much easier for the user to select an optimal room temperature and allow the device to self-regulate. Self-regulation is when the device selects a high heat setting to reach the desired temperature, and then turns the heat setting down or off when that temperature is reached. Then to maintain that temperature, the heater turns itself back on when it falls below a certain mark. This reduces the amount of user input and makes the device much easier to run and take care of.
Another major feature of the 5307 is the addition of a push-button oscillating fan that helps distribute heat around the room evenly. Normally, a space heater would emit heat to one side of the room and create a warm spot, but leave much of the room without direct heat. With the added oscillation feature, the device distributes heat to every part of the room using a powerful fan to help circulate air. The device works best when used alongside a pre-existing heating system, and the space heater can actually reduce your overall heating bill in the long run.
- Due to its versatile size and compact build, the device can be used on a table or on the floor
- The carry handle makes it easy to move the device from room to room
- The device can be used right out of the box and doesn’t require any additional assembly
- The Lasko 5307 has a heat output of about 5,100 BTUs, which makes it ideal for heating small to medium sized rooms
- The device is very quiet, and the ceramic heating element doesn’t buzz or hiss like other space heaters
- The adjustable thermostat makes it easy to set the device to an ideal temperature
- The three comfort heating settings are combined into one easy-to-use knob, so it’s simple to select the perfect fan setting
- The fan housing is made from V-0 safety plastic, which doesn’t absorb much heat, making the exterior cool to the touch
- At the push of a button, the internal fan will oscillate, which helps evenly distribute heat around the room
- The heater has a solid construction and doesn’t appear cheaply made or easily breakable
- When the device is first used it may produce a strange smell as is burns off any excess paint in the interior
- The heater may not be strong enough to fully heat large, open rooms and rooms with high ceilings
- You can hear the fan running, which can be annoying for some users
- The device only comes in one color scheme
Click Here for the Price!
One of the best compact space heaters currently available, the Lasko 5307 is an excellent all-around heating appliance at a competitive price. The heater comes highly recommended, and over 90 percent of all reviewers give the device a rating of four stars or more. The unit features a simple design that enables the unit to work effectively, and it helps keep your house warm, even when your main heating source can’t keep up.