As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
One of the newest additions to the Lasko line of ceramic space heaters, the 6462 is one of the most advanced models Lasko currently produces. Many users choose to incorporate the device with a pre-existing heating system, but with 1500-watts of power, the device can heat over 300 square feet on its own with ease. The 6462 heater comes with a new digital display and an improved control panel, which both help improve the device’s ease-of-use.
Along with a digital display, the 6462 comes with a multi-function remote control that can be used to activate many of the device’s features from anywhere in the room. The controller can fit in the palm of your hand, and can easily be mounted to the wall or stored in your pocket. The device can be moved from room to room or easily stored, so a small remote control is essential with a portable device. The heater meets and passes all ETL safety certifications, so the device is safe to use indoors, at home, and at work. The Lasko 6462 comes with several built-in safety features including cool-to-the-touch front grill and a wide anti-tip base.
Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with Remote
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Lasko 6462 is a standalone, portable space heater
- Runs on 1500 watts at 120 volts and 12.5 amps
- Measures 11 inches by 11 inches by 25 inches
- The fan’s center part measures 9 inches by 8.25 inches by 24.75 inches
- Nine pound shipping weight
- Cord length of 72 inches
- Indoor heater
- Made from plastic with a gray and black color scheme
- Electric heater power type
- Ceramic convection heater type
- Three year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Digital display
- Non-slip base
The Lasko 6462 (site) has many customizable heat settings, so the user can fine-tune the best heating experience for their house. The device is programmed with three unique oscillation settings, including 90-degree sweep, 170-degree sweep, and 360-degree sweep. The heater comes with three fan settings, including high, low, and thermostat. In thermostat mode, the user can set the desired room temperature using the digital display, and the Lasko 6462 will automatically heat the room until it reaches the optimal temperature. After the room reaches the set temperature, the fan turns off, so the device doesn’t waste power or overheat. This is an excellent setting if you’re trying to supplement an existing heating system with a small space heater in each room. The Lasko 6462 can fully heat a room, but it’s more economical in the long run to use it in conjunction with other heat sources.
The Lasko 6462 has a small air intake vent located in the base of the device, which can be accessed by lifting a small hatch. From there the user can access, remove, and clean the built-in air filter. Having a clean air filter is very important, because it keeps dust particles and other airborne irritants out of the internal ducts, and out of the air you breathe. With older models, dust and other particles would build up in the internal vents, and increase the chance of an accident or a fire.
- The device’s new oscillation sweep can pan the device 90-degrees, 170 degree, or a full 360 degrees
- The Lasko 6462 comes with a digital programmable thermostat that can be operated by using the remote control or buttons on the front of the device
- The device is large enough to heat an area of over 300 square feet, but it is still compact enough to be moved from room to room
- The heater meets ETL safety certifications (info) for space heaters in the United States
- The Lasko 6462 comes with an easy-to-use remote control that can activate many of the heater’s functions from over thirty feet away
- The thermostat is easy to read and display the current temperature along with which fan mode is currently activated
- The air filters are easy to remove and clean, so you don’t have to worry about lengthy leaning procedures
- The non-slip base helps keep the device in place while it’s running, and reduces the likelihood of it slipping or being knocked over
- You have to attach the bottom plate of the device to the top, but assembly isn’t very complicated
- The device releases a strange smell when it’s first activated, but it goes away after any excess paint is burned off
Click Here for the Price!
One of the most popular devices currently produced by Lasko, the 6462 ceramic space heater is ideal for any home or office. The heater is very popular among reviewers, and over 85 percent of reviewers rate the device at four stars or more. Many users agree that the device works great and can produce enough heat to keep a small to medium sized room warm. Whether you want to keep your house warm on cool night, or you want a device that can supplement a pre-existing heating system, the Lasko 6462 is an excellent choice.