One of the newest additions to the Lifesmart line of infrared heaters, the Compact Power Plus offer a safe, healthy heating option for a medium sized room. The Lifesmart Compat Power Plus uses infrared heating technology to heat up to 800 square feet with the same efficiency as a conventional baseboard heater. One of the major perks of using an infrared space heater is that it produces more heat at a lower wattage than other devices. This model comes with three pre-programmed heat settings and an additional 500-watt eco setting that helps keep the room at a comfortable temperature without wasting electricity.
The Lifesmart comes equipped with three quartz infrared elements that harness the full power of 1500 watts to bring you an efficient heating source. Each of the three elements is individually wrapped with metal to increase the heat production and double the overall heat output. The device also comes with a high-powered fan that helps increase circulation, and it distributes hot air around the entire room. Many space heaters that don’t come equipped with a fan have trouble heating an entire room, and they can leave hot and cold spots. With the Lifesmart Compact Power Plus, you can heat a medium sized room with ease, and the warm air will be evenly distributed throughout the entire space.
- The Lifesmart Compact Power Plus 800 is an electric space heater
- Measures 12.8 inches high by 7.5 inches wide by 12.4 inches long
- Weighs 12 pounds
- Heats up to 800 square feet
- Produces 4600 BTUs
- 1500 watts at 110 volts
- Three internal, metal-wrapped quartz elements
- Digital thermostat controller
- One year component warranty
- ETL certified
- Fully assembled
- Lifetime, internal air filter
- Scroll fan
The device comes with an advanced, twelve-hour timer that can be programmed to fit the user’s schedule. For instance, you can program the heater to turn on before you wake up, so the bedroom has time to warm up before you get out of bed. Many people like to set the timer to turn the heater on shortly before they get home from work, so they can come back to a warm house. Many people don’t like waiting for a room to get warm, so a timer function is useful in many scenarios.
The device also comes with an internal air filter that can last for the lifetime of the device. Removing and cleaning the air filter regularly will help increase the air quality in the room you’re heating by filtering out dust, allergens, and other particles. The filter can be cleaned by running it under some warm water or by using a conventional vacuum cleaner (info).
- The device’s black cabinet is fireproof and has two molded handles which help the user move the device from room to room
- The Lifesmart Compact Power Plus 800 doesn’t require any extra assembly; the device can be used right out of the box
- The device comes with three specially designed energy saving settings including a 500-watt eco setting
- The heater comes with a twelve-hour start-stop timer that can be set in one-hour increments
- Each of the three metal-wrapped quartz elements act as their own heat exchanger, which results in a higher heat output
- The device is 38 percent more efficient than forced-air electric heaters, 66 percent more efficient than propane space heaters and 45 percent more efficient than electric baseboard heaters
- The infrared heater uses 1500 watts, which is about the same as a common electric hairdryer
- The device comes with a quiet scroll fan that helps circulate air without generating too much noise
- At the 1000 Watts setting the device uses approximately 1KWh per hour
- The device requires its own 15 amp circuit to function properly without popping a breaker
- The device has trouble heating large, drafty rooms, and is more suited to heating enclosed spaces, small and medium sized rooms
- In eco mode the thermostat is locked at 68 degrees and won’t go any higher until taken out of eco mode
One of the most popular space heaters currently produced by Lifesmart, the Compact Power Plus has pleased many users all over the world with its stylish look and powerful heating capabilities. The electric heating device can provide ample infrared heat to a medium sized room without putting too much strain on your electric bill (wiki).
The Lifesmart Compact Power Plus (site) is very popular among reviewers, and it has received an average rating of four stars or higher. Many users comment that they are really happy with the heater, and that they would recommend it to a friend. Overall, the Lifesmart Compact Power Plus is an excellent all-around heater, at a competitive price, from a brand that’s been producing reliable space heaters for many years.