As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
The latest addition to the Mr. Heater line of indoor, radiant, space heaters, the F232000 uses propane as a fuel source, which significantly increases the device’s heat output. Normally, you’d only use propane-fueled space heaters outdoors, but the F232000 comes with brand new safety features that enable it to be used indoors, safely. The patented radiant heater design puts out over 9,000 BTUs at its highest setting, and it can heat up to 200 square feet of enclosed space. This device is great for anyone who likes to camp, has a workshop, or wants to stay in a cabin during the colder months. The size to BTU ratio of the device is much higher than the majority of other propane heaters, which makes the F232000 a great device for any user who wants a high BTU output with a minimal footprint.
This device is great for setting up in a corner and simply letting it run on high until it reaches a good temperature, and then slowly lowering the heat until the room temperature stabilizes. If you’re in a tent, then this process shouldn’t take too long; on average it took the device about 30 minutes to heat an area of 200 square feet to 65 degrees from 35 degrees. In a small tent it should only take the device about 10 minutes to heat the area to almost 75 degrees.
Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX Indoor Safe Portable Propane Radiant Heater
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Mr. Heater F232000 MH9BX is an indoor portable space heater
- Measures 9 inches by 14.2 inches by 14.4 inches
- Weighs 9.8 pounds
- Output: 4,000 BTUs – 9,000 BTUs
- Fuel: Propane
- Heating positions: Pilot, Low, and High
- Takes a one-pound cylinder that last 3 to 6 hours, or a twenty pound cylinder that can last 48 to 110 hours
- Model number MH9BX
- Fold-down handle
- Swivel-out regulator
- One year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Auto-shut off protection
- Approved for indoor and outdoor use
Many people like to use the F232000 in greenhouses as well as cabins and workshops because the device can produce an enormous amount of heat without disturbing the flora and fauna. Even at the 9,000 BTU setting, the majority of people did not see any leaf yellowing or bloom drop while the heater was in use. While the device can work for about five hours on a single one-pound tank of propane, it’s recommended that the user switch to the 20-pound container if they want it to last for any reasonable amount of time.
Turning the heater on is much simpler than with other heating devices. The user simply has to turn the heating dial on to pilot mode, and the fire will automatically light. After you’ve activated the heater, wait thirty seconds, and then slowly turn the dial until you reach your preferred heat setting. After that the heater will work until it runs out of propane or you turn it off.
- The device can be connected directly to a propane tank, which makes it much easier to set up than devices at a similar price point
- The heater will automatically shut down if it is tipped over, if the pilot light goes out, or if it detects low oxygen levels in the area
- The device can be used indoors which makes it much more versatile than other propane heaters, which can only be used outdoors
- The F232000 is nearly 100 percent efficient, which helps reduce the amount of propane you have to use to properly heat an area
- The device produces between 4,000 BTUs and 9,000 BTUs depending on which setting you have it on
- The device can heat over 200 square feet effectively, which is about the size of the average cabin or workshop
- The single control start knob is easy to use and understand
- The fold-down handle helps make the device easier to move from room to room and store
- The swivel regulator makes operating the device much easier and increase the efficiency of the heater’s design
- The accidental tip-over safety shutoff keeps the device from accidentally falling, and starting a fire or burning the user
- The one-pound propane cylinder doesn’t last very long; even on the lowest mode it’s only good for about six hours
- The piezo igniter can be finicky at times, and it is easily damaged if the device is dropped or thrown
Click Here for the Price!
One of North America’s most popular propane heaters, the F232000 is widely considered to be one of the best space heaters currently on the market. Sporting a high BTU level for such a small machine, the device is capable of heating a relatively large area in an efficient way without very much trouble. The F232000 is also very popular with reviewers, scoring four stars or higher on over 95 percent of all reviews.