Humid air that stings your skin, sweat trickling down your face and your shirt sticking to your back. The sun scorches your hair, damaging it. Excessive sun exposure is not good for your health especially the skin. A good long soak is a great way to get away from the humidity, at least temporarily.
But you can’t stay in the bath all day! Good thing you can just get the Air Conditioner to work all day and all night in this hot weather. But if you need to replace your old unit or haven’t had the chance to shop for a new one, here are some important buying tips and product recommendations as well:
Try to get your hands on the Dyson Air Multiplier.
The Dyson Air Multiplier AM06 table and AM07 tower fans are sleek and handy with beautiful modern design. This handy air conditioning unit is available in color black. This is one air conditioning unit you can literally bring anywhere.
With the Air Multiplier technology, air is accelerated through an annular aperture, drawing in surrounding air to project a high-velocity cooling airflow. No blades. No choppy air.
With smoother airflow through the machine, less energy is required to channel the air. The energy efficient motor can run slower while enabling the same powerful airflow.
The remote control allows 10 precise airflow settings, oscillation control and sleep timer. The fan can be programmed to turn off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours. The remote control is curved and magnetized to store neatly on the machine.
Portable yet powerful
The LG Electronics LP0814WNR portable air conditioner with remote control is considered as the number one best seller in the portable air conditioners category on Amazon. Here’s why:
- BTU portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Cools a room up to 300 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 2 fan speeds and 2 cooling speeds
- Auto-restart saves your settings for when power is restored to the unit
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces
- And this product comes with a 1 year warranty
If you have one like this, then you can place it anywhere your heart desires. You can put it in the dining area while eating, on the your work table and some stuff done, or roll it into the bedroom for the night.
Or you go for the Honeywell MN10CESWW portable air conditioner with remote control in white with the following specifications.
- A 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner with no-bucket design that cools areas up to 400 sq. ft.
- Dehumidification up to 79.2 pints per day
- Digital LED display and full-function remote control
- 3 speeds and an automatic on/off timer from 1-24 hours
- Powerful air flow and quiet operation (55 dbA)
Split type air conditioners
Here’s the mini split type that will melt your heart. It is also Amazon’s number one bestseller in the single-room air conditioners category, the Pioneer WYD012AL3JAR-L ductless mini split air conditioner with heat pump.
- Including 16 Foot Installation Kit. 110~120 VAC.
- The Mini Split Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating System has ultra quiet and par excellence in efficiency.
- Pioneer’s newest design is attractive in appearance, powerful and dependable performance.
- It uses 110-120 VAC Standard household power, 13 SEER High Efficiency Rating, ETL and CSA Approvals.
- It includes easy installation kit, with 16 foot length line set and various other accessories.
- Is a perfect equipment for additions, conversions and ultimate independent zone control.
- Has a quiet operation system.
The Environment And Your AC
Now let’s get into how you can conserve energy to cut down on electric cost as well as be eco-friendly. Your electric bill can easily double during summer, so here are some cooling tips to help you:
- Choose appropriate summer dresses and clothes that are breathable to wick moisture away from the body. Tops made of cotton are the best way to get you through the hot summer day.
- Eat light and cool like salad greens or just sandwiches, drop those protein filled plates so you don’t warm up.
- Water cooling. Put a bottle with spritzer in the fridge so you can easily cool down by spraying your face with the cold water.
- Hydration is the key. You have to drink lots of water to replace the electrolytes you have lost after sweating.
- Use a ceiling fan next to your air conditioner. You can reduce the room temperature already by a few degrees when you turn on your ceiling fan. This results in that the AC doesn’t have to work as hard and therefore use less energy.
Why Do You Need To Cool Down?
It is important to keep your body temperature down, especially during summer, as this may affect your health. If you don’t, you may suffer from these health issues:
it is the effect of losing water inside the body due to heat and excessive perspiration. Dehydration can lead to kidney stones and having another ailment can be dangerous, hence requiring medical attention. It is best to determine the symptoms before it’s too late.
Chronic allergies or respiratory ailments can be adversely affected by humidity or hot air that contains too many particulates. Minor breathing issues and croaky throat are indicators of possible ailments.
A heat stroke can take form in various ways, but the effect is generally fatigue combined with dizziness, headaches or nauseous.
To combat this, cooling down (stay indoors and keep that air conditioner on) can help you get your body fluids in top shape.