As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
An advanced version of the classic Mr. Heater design, the MH18B takes portable heating to a new level by supplying the user with high amounts of heating power at the push of a button. The MH18B combines radiant heat with convection-heated air to maximize the heating efficiency of the device. Normally a convection heater would simply warm up the air around the heating element, and the heated air would slowly diffuse into the room until a desirable air temperature was reached. On the other hand, a radiant heating system uses infrared technology to heat the objects in the room, and then the air. When both methods are combined, the device can heat a larger area, faster, and to a higher degree. The MH18B can heat up to 400 square feet effectively. The device is nearly 95 percent fuel-efficient, which helps lower heating bills and controls the amount of propane needed to run the device.
Mr. Heater MH18B Portable Propane Heater
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Mr. Heater MH18B is a portable space heater
- Measures 18.5 inches by 18 inches by 11.4 inches
- Weighs 17.5 pounds
- Requires four D batteries
- Propane powered (wiki)
- Heat settings for 4,000 BTUs, 9,000 BTUs, and 18,000 BTU’s per hour
- Swivel regulators
- Takes one-pound propane cylinders
- Can connect to 20-pound propane cylinders with optional hose
- Quick connect hose assembly
- Automatic low oxygen shutoff valve
- Heats up to 400 square feet
- CSA safety certified
The device performs well in cold weather climates. In an area of 400 square feet, the device can raise the average daytime temperature from 35 degrees Fahrenheit to about 65 or 70 degrees Fahrenheit. On the highest setting, it would take about 10 to 20 minutes to heat the entire 400 feet up to about 60 degrees Fahrenheit. From there it would slowly crawl up until it peaks at around 70 degrees. When the 20-pound tank is connected to the device, it can run for about two weeks without needing to be refilled. It’s always recommended that you don’t use the propane heater at night while you’re asleep. The device is fine to use during the day when you’re aware of what’s happening, but do not fall asleep with the device still running.
The device comes with a super-sensitive anti-bump safety feature that will automatically turn the device off it anyone accidentally hits it or knocks into it. This helps to prevent the propane heater from malfunctioning and overheating after being knocked over or stepped on. Another major safety feature is the thick wire cage over the front of the device. The grille protects the interior elements from any outside objects, and it keeps the user from accidentally burning themselves on the heating element.
- The device comes with Mr. Heater’s easy-carry handle, so it can be moved and stored with ease
- The device’s built-in blower fan is very efficient, and it circulates air throughout the whole area, which helps the device heat more efficiently
- The heater’s heavy-duty safety wire guard not only protects the user from accidentally bumping the heating element, it also makes the device much more durable
- The exterior is made from heavy-duty metals and plastics, so the device travels very well
- The device comes with simple-to-use, four-position heat controls for pilot, low, medium, and high
- The low-oxygen safety shutoff valve and the tip-over safety shutoff help prevent accidents while using the device indoors
- The Dual ceramic burner tiles come with shock-absorbing insulation that reduces the risk that any internal parts will be damaged
- The device comes with a hose storage bay that can conveniently store a hose up to 12 feet long
- The device is great for emergencies when the power is out and you need a heat source
- The blower can runs on four D-cell batteries and only last for a few hours when the device is set to high
- The blower can also be run using an external A/C adaptor, but the adaptor is not included with the device
- The medium heat setting doesn’t burn cleanly, and the output air smells of propane
Click Here for the Price!
One of the most popular propane space heaters currently on the market, the Mr. Heater MH18B combines the elements of a ceramic convection heater with a high-powered propane gas heater to make a very efficient heating system. The MH18B is thoughtfully designed, portable, lightweight, and safe to use (see here).
The device is a great option for anyone who needs to heat a garage or a workshop during the winter months. The heater is also very popular with people who go camping in the winter and stay out in a small log cabin. The low price of propane makes fueling the heater easy on the wallet, and the overall design will save you money in the long run. The MH18B is very popular with reviewers and receives a score of five out of five stars over 75 percent of the time.