As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
How does your electric bill fair during cold season? Probably you’re paying way too much just to keep things warm inside your house or your office. What if you run an alternative heat source while keeping the warmth inside?
Running an alternative heat source is perhaps one of the best ways to save on energy costs. One of the most innovative alternative heat sources these days is using infrared technology. The team from Duraflame has strategically used this energy source to create its electric fireplace stove DFS-450-2, an entry-level electric heater.
Click Here for Customer Reviews
The Duraflame DFS-450-2 is an electric heater that has been designed to look like a wooden fireplace, reminiscent of the old times. Although it does look like you have to put in logs and start a fire in it, it doesn’t require any of those, just an electric outlet to get it going.
To help you know more about this product, here’s a list of its specifications:
- Comes in three sizes: S (16.25 x 19.68 x 11.61), M (20 x 23.22 x 12.2) and L (25 x 26.62 x 14.75)
- 1350 Watt, 4,600 BTUs per hour
- Heats an a space of up to 400 sq ft
- No hookups required, vent-free application
- Operates with & without heat
- Realistic flame effect for added ambiance
- Glowing logs & ember bed are lifelike
- No batteries needed
- Hidden door
- 2 switches and thermostatic dial
- Optional remote control
- Wall installation
The electric fireplace heater of Duraflame creates flames that seemed to be produced by pseudo logs. Also, it has a flame simulator that may be dimmed depending on your preference. The electric stove is encased by a classic matte black case that blends well along with your other furniture.
- The door to this Duraflame electric fireplace is incognito, which is far better especially if you have kids.
- The rustic design of the Duraflame DFS-450-2 is just a design. Its ability to warm up is nothing old. Aside from its ability to warm up a space without the need to literally fire up, it creates a realistic fire to which you can control how bright or dim the flames will be. Flame effect works on either with heat or without heat. This fireplace is electrically powered; hence, you don’t have to chop and light logs in it. You can start the flame instantly.
- Warms up a space of up to 400 square feet. It’s surprising to note that this small appliance can effectively warm up such area. Therefore, if you have to use it in each room, you’ll probably save on energy costs in as much as 10%. This Duraflame DFS-450-2 electric fireplace also has its own thermostat. This gives you the power to control as to how warm your room or space can be.
- One year limited warranty. True to its commitment of creating quality products, Duraflame ensures buyers that their electric stove can stand the test of time and that customer service is always their best asset.
- With mechanical controls, it doesn’t have any remote control, just yet. Perhaps Duraflame is considering the thought. What’s good about having mechanical controls is that you don’t have to think about the different buttons and/or knobs in the remote because everything is already simplified.
How the Duraflame electric stove with heater is designed and packaged adds to its great value. Its black matte finish just complements well to any type of theme you have in your house, it adds charm and ambience to your room’s overall aesthetics. That is not to mention its efficiency in heating up your space.
It works just as advertised. Most of the customers would say that the electric fireplace stove is a best buy. They practically don’t have issues with it and it can heat up their space in just 15 minutes and then manage its temperature afterwards without putting out the flame.
Charming look with great details. Customers find the Duraflame DFS-450-2 to be really pleasing to the eye. The arches are very detailed that makes it a good focal point in any part of the house.
Even if it flames inside, its outside sheet doesn’t feel warm or hot. The electric fireplace has been ergonomically created so that it just gives out heat at the right passage and doesn’t warm up its entire casing. Kids and pets are safe with this heater.
It automatically shuts off when it reaches a point of almost overheating. Customers no longer have to worry about dozing off to sleep with their electric infrared heaters still working because it has been programmed to automatically shuts itself off when it tends to overheat.
The Duraflame DFS-450 is portable and freestanding. You can easily transfer this heater anywhere you want it because it’s lightweight, really easy to carry around and is freestanding.
There were a few of dissatisfied customers of the Duraflame DFS-450-2. Some customers find the plastic covering as something cheap and may be harmful when the electric stove will heat further while others think that the cord is too short. You can check out its big brother the Duraflame DFI-550-0 if you require a stronger heat source.
Click Here for the Price!
The Duraflame DFS-450-2 electric fireplace is not only a good furniture to complement your entire room’s design but also serves as an infrared heater that keeps everything warm during cold days. Sure thing, it does fall short in some minor aspects given that it’s an entry-level model of Duraflame in the electric heater segment.
Overall, this product is a best buy because it offers really good features at a price most can easily afford.