As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is without any additional costs for the buyer but does support us in maintaining our website.
One of the most popular heating brands available, Dr. Heater produces many models of space heater, including the Dr. Infrared Heater Quartz and PTC Infrared Portable Space Heater. The Dr. Infrared Quartz and PTC portable infrared space heater has quickly become one of the most popular space heaters of any kind currently on the market.
The heater comes with an advanced dual heating system, and it runs on 1500 watts of electricity. The dual heating system works to increase heat transfer from the device by combining the efficiency of an infrared heater with the convenience of a convection heater. The new combination of heating systems helps reduce the amount of hot spots and cold spots that can show up due to the imperfections in both systems. The device can heat a room quickly and comfortably, while maintaining a steady temperature without a sudden drop-off in temperature when you turn the heater off.
Dr Infrared Heater Quartz and PTC Infrared Portable Space Heater 1500 Watt
Click Here for Customer Reviews
- The Dr Infrared Heater is a portable infrared space heater
- Measures 13 inches by 11 inches by 16 inches
- Weighs 19 pounds
- Shipping weight of 23 pounds
- Power rating of 1500 watts at 120 volts and 12.5 amps
- Uses a 110-volt three prong plug
- BTU rating of 5200
- The device is UL safety certified
- Designed for indoor use
- Comes with a timer
- Infrared heating system
- Rated up to 1000 square feet
- Galvanized steel interior
- 72-inch long power cord
The Dr. Infrared heater has three power settings: automatic, 1000-watt low, and 1500-watt high. The automatic energy saving mode lets the user set the desired temperature from 50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit, and the device will maintain the desired temperature. The device automatically selects between the two heat settings depending on the room temperature, and it cycles the settings on and off to maintain the desired temperature. The 1500-watt setting is used in most cases because it heats up the room the fastest. The 1000-watt setting is typically used to maintain a desired temperature. You can also manually set the heater to run on high or low at all times, but that is much less efficient than setting a temperature and allowing it to cycle on and off.
The device comes with a remote control, which has a unique safety feature. The heater cannot be turned on using the remote, only operated with the remote. This is a safety provision made by the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) to ensure that the device is never accidentally operated. In order to activate the device, the user must press the power button on the device, which sets the heater to standby mode. Then the user can either activate the device using the power button on the heater or by selecting a heat setting on the remote control. Simply pressing the heat buttons on the remote will not activate the device. This new feature greatly minimizes the risk of accidents, and makes the device much safer to store and operate.
- The device is almost silent, which makes it one of the most quiet space heaters currently available
- The Dr Infrared heats a large area evenly, so there’s no cold spots
- The attached wheels roll smoothly over almost any type of floor surface
- The device reaches and maintains a high average temperature with ease
- The device comes with multiple heating settings, so you can reach an optimal room temperature
- The heater comes with a 12-hour automatic shutoff timer, so you can leave it on during the day and have it automatically shut off at night when you go to bed
- The filtering system can be cleaned with warm water or a vacuum
- The device has an electronic thermostat range of 50 degrees to 86 degrees Fahrenheit and can heat up to 1000 square feet effectively
- The Dr Infrared comes with an automatic energy saving feature that turns the device off once the room reaches a desired temperature, so the device isn’t constantly running and wasting power
- The device produces 60 percent more heat than the average infrared heater
- The heater has a two-number digital display, and all the functions are controlled on the front panel, which makes the device easy to operate
- The device is too small for many larger rooms, and it is better suited to heating bedrooms and home offices
- The controls offer fewer options compared to other heating devices currently on the market
Click Here for the Price!
One of the most popular infrared heaters currently on the market, the Dr. Infrared space heater receives high marks from many of its reviewers, receiving a rating of four stars or more in 80 percent of reviews. A high-quality heating device that can keep a small area warm, the Dr. Infrared surpasses much of its competition and is one of the most popular space heaters currently on the market.